Saturday, December 13, 2008

“Cogito, ergo sum” (“I think, therefore I am”)

These were the famous quotes of Rene Descartes who is a French philosopher, scientist, and mathematician, often called the founder of modern philosophy. Words, which had been reflected to us by our professor. How could I interpret these words to my life?

I was thinking the obvious that because I am thinking, I am proving to the world that I existed. But this is not the profound meaning of these quotes. As I was assuming different possibilities of any translations, I became aware that I can be whatever I want to be because of my ability to think. I can go to heights because I am thinking. I can conquer all the fears that are ahead before me, thinking that all of it is could be possibly done. It is by thinking that all of the ways and plans could be made possible, just think you can do it, and don’t stop thinking, think as you act and act as you think.

4 comments:

aw.! hehehe our thoughts is just a void if we don't make it.!

i also think you are..hehe..happy blogging..SmileS for you today..please come by..

i get it...awareness of our doings proves our existence..hehehe

merry xmas in advance dai..hehe

“Be faithful to that which exists nowhere but in yourself- and thus make yourself indispensable”

Andre Gide

Share

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More